6/07/2012

BAPE x TRANSFORMERS "2011 Camo Green" and "2012 Black Gold" Review

When NOWHERE was sold to an fashion company located in Hong Kong last year, every Japanese street kids were shocked like me. However unfortunately, this is our Japanese fashion market's strict rule. Unfresh fashion always be wiped out every season every year. As of say, nothing "Japanese Standard Label" can exist in this market. Because Japanese awkward consumer always seek something new, something different. They have money, but they don't have patience to keep a brand with love and respect forever.
When I was in New York, I truly respect for the existence of a word "American Standard". American consumer always proudly love their national brands like Levi'es, Calvin Klein, then of course SUPREME etc. These ravels have been always fresh, then never been tired.
2008, 2009, and 2011, they're the year I was in New York. At this time, A Bathing Ape aka. BAPE , the brand's value was totally completely destroyed in Japanese market. Every Japanese thought BAPE as a tacky lame old street wear. Awkwardly I who stayed in New York tended to like BAPE. I don't know why, but I became a BAPE fan after I went to New York. Maybe my point of view turned to be different than Japanese.
When I returned to Japan in 2011, I found this BAPE x TRANSFORMERS collaboration on a toy magazine at a local book store. Like "Man, that's sick !?". Fortunately in Japanese market, BAPE is not a brilliant popular brand, so I could obtain the first camo green Optimus Prime easily. Then in 2012, this Black & Gold version was released. Also I could get without any extra waste for premium price.
I like BAPE. I hope this brand grew up an universal street wear brand in worlds market in future.
I guess they would be sold with ridiculous pricing at toy stores in American market... 
 Retro first edition package art with BAPE face on shoulder.
 Of course also on the body itself. 
 I more prefer this black & gold coloring, beautiful, isn't it ?  
I can't open package both of 'em.

I got each by official retail price US$90 or something. Then next color variant could become reality this year ??? Hot pink camo ? Ocean Blue camo ?? Umm, not to say I gotta get. 

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿